Cedar Rapids Mobile Home Insurance
As anyone who lives here knows, Iowa’s climate can bring extreme weather in any season. That’s why it is important to insure your mobile home and its contents with the type of insurance and coverage that best suits your needs.
There are two types of policies that are typically used to insure a mobile home:
- Dwelling Fire Policy – Usually used to insure only the dwelling. Landlords, second homeowners and older units are commonly insured with a Dwelling Fire policy.
- Mobile (or Manufactured) Home Policy – Similar to a homeowners policy, it is a packaged policy which provides coverage for the dwelling, other structures like garages, personal property, additional living expenses and personal liability.
Mobile Home Coverage Forms
As it is referred to in insurance policies, a peril is a cause of loss. Some insurance policies cover only certain causes of loss such as wind or fire, which are named in the policy. The three types of mobile home coverage forms include:
- Basic Coverage Form – A named peril policy, a basic form typically includes fire, lightning, windstorm, hail, smoke, explosion, vandalism, aircraft or vehicle collision, riot or civil commotion, sprinkler leakage, volcanic action and sinkhole collapse.
- Broad Coverage Form – In addition to the basic hazards, the broad form provides named peril coverage for: falling objects, weight of snow, ice, or sleet; water damage in the form of leakage from appliances; and collapse from specified causes. Some additional hazards such as theft may be added by endorsement.
- Special Coverage Form – Sometimes referred to as “open peril” coverage insures against loss to covered property from all accidental causes except those that are specifically excluded such as flood and earthquake.
Manufactured Home vs. Mobile Home Insurance
In 1976 HUD set construction and safety standards for manufactured homes, formerly known as mobile homes. A manufactured home displays a red certification label on the exterior of each transportable section. All mobile homes build after 1976 are technically referred to as manufactured homes.
If you are looking for affordable manufactured home (or mobile home) insurance in the Cedar Rapids area, Insurance Gurus LLC would like to help. Click below for a mobile home insurance quote.